Pages

Liebster Award Part 2!


I was nominated by Beth from Beth and the Beauty for the Liebster Award! This will be my second time receiving this award. I'm always happy to receive this or any award because it shows that people are interested in my blog. It really encourages me to keep going! This award is for up and comers with less than 200 followers. Here are the rules:
  1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
  2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
  3. Give eleven random facts about yourself – they can be anything!
  4. Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers.) (Couple of mine did have  a little more than 200 followers, but after researching the guidelines this amount used to be less than 1000 followers and I believe they really deserved to be nominated)
  5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
  6.  Give them eleven questions to answer.
So this one was a little different from the previous Liebster Award that I had received and I may have broken the rules...just a little bit! 



Here are the answers to Beth's questions: 
1. What made you start a blog?I started my blog because I wanted to educate friends and family about the dangerous ingredients used in cosmetics. Everything ranging from foundation to soap. I wanted to show them that switching to products with safer ingredients was easy and affordable.
2. What is your favorite beauty tip?Right now my favorite beauty tip would have to be to switch to natural shampoo. I have been using natural shampoo and conditioner for 6 months. A few weeks ago I felt annoyed and decided to try regular shampoo. I felt annoyed because I wanted something that would lather and something that would smell nice. Immediately after washing my hair, my hair looked amazing and I thought "why don't I use this stuff again?" It wasn't until the next day that my hair was already extremely oily at the scalp and felt brittle on the ends. I usually only need to wash my hair 2 times a week with using natural shampoo. What regular shampoo does is it drys out your hair, and thus your scalp over compensates for this by producing more oil. Seriously girls, you don't need to wash your hair everyday. If you switch to natural shampoo and go through a month or two of "training your scalp" you will have beautiful, healthy, hair and you won't have to waste time by washing your every single day!
3. Heels or Flats? Why?Tough, I don't know. I want to say heels because heels can make any outfit look good but sometimes flats just make more sense. If I could, I would wear heels all day everyday. 
4. Favorite High End makeup brand?Before paying attention to ingredients, I used to be a MAC junkie. Now that I have ventured off into the world of natural & safe cosmetics I haven't been able to try everything out there. Right now I'll say that my favorite "high end" makeup brand is Tarte. Although, I kind of consider Tarte to be more of a mid-high end brand. Oh! I should also say ILIA Beauty- amazing products, great ingredients. Right now the line only has lipsticks, mascara, and a finishing powder but I expect more to come in the near future!
5. Do you own more high end or drugstore makeup?I don't really own any drugstore makeup. I did try lower end natural makeup brands like The All Natural Face. I think those products work well for those who are just getting into makeup or are a little low on cash. I would use them regularly if I couldn't afford anything else. It's a much better alternative than buying makeup at Walmart (the ingredients in those products are usually really bad). Do higher end products work better - of course. 
6. Where do you see your blog in 5 years?In 5 years I hope that I will have expanded my blog into a youtube channel and possibly have started my own online store featuring natural cosmetics!
7. Where is the one dream place you want to travel to?Hmm dream place... maybe Germany so that I could visit the Neuschwanstein Castle or Spain so that I could see some architecture by Antoni Gaudi!
8. If someone gave you $200 for makeup, where would you go and what would you buy?I would wish that I could go and spend the money in my city but most of my purchases would have to be made online. I would probably shop online at Spirit Beauty Lounge and get Kjaer Weis products. Knowing me I would also probably have to get some Tata Harper products. Omg...i'd only be able to get like 2-3 products with $200. Why must I pick everything that so expensive! 
9. Would you rather travel by car or fly?Depends where I am going!
10. What do you feel is your best strength?My willingness to grow, learn, and always improve myself
11. What is your most expensive makeup product?Hmm, right now it is the liquid foundation from Sappho Cosmetics. It costs about $52 - expect a review in the near future!
11 Random Facts About Myself:
1. I have a certificate of Makeup Artistry, certificate in Design Studies, and an Architectural Technician Diploma. 
2. I just turned 23 - Today is my Birthday!
3. I have traveled to Manhattan, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Hungry, Mayan Riviera + more. While in Poland I had the opportunity to visit Auschwitz - truly heartbreaking and eye opening experience.
5.I love yoga! I appreciate a good, intense yoga class. But yin is my favorite style of yoga.
6. I love watching Ancient Aliens! haha
7. I am a true homebody.
8. I used to be a competitive swimmer when I was younger and gave it up. I have regretted it ever since.
9. I like reading biographies - I'm just starting to read "Prisoner of Tehran" by Marina Nemat
10. Most of my ancestry lies within Scandinavia.
11. Although I live in Canada I hate the cold and want to move immediately! 


Here are my questions for the Nominees: 

1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite blog post that you have created?
3. What is your favorite blog post created by someone else?
4. What is your dream vacation?
5. How would you spend your perfect day (I asked myself this question and actually made it happen, it is worth thinking about!) 
6. Who is your favorite blogger or youtuber? 
7. Coffee or tea?
8. What is one thing that you cannot leave the house without? 
9. What in life makes you the most happy? 
10. What advice would you give your younger self? 
11. If you could relive any day, what would it be? 

and...here are the nominees! 

Alina from AnthroFashions

No comments:

Post a Comment