Pages

The Fighting Acne Series: Featuring Osmia Organics























Osmia Organics is one of those brands that just about everybody seems to love. I had been reading rave review after rave review for their Spot Treatment, and since I suffer from acne I knew that I had to get my hands on it! I didn't immediately jump on the Osmia band wagon because I initially thought that shipping to Canada was too expensive. Thankfully, Paula from Naturally Paula introduced me to Clementine Fields. A beautiful online boutique featuring natural & organic cosmetics. Shipping is only $8 for all Canadian orders!


A while ago I asked on twitter if anyone had any recommendations for an acne cleanser. Kim from Kimberlyloc recommended the Black Clay Facial Soap. While using a soap as a facial cleanser goes against everything that I was taught about skincare, this gem is quickly becoming my favorite face cleanser. Made with black Australian clay and dead sea mud this soap is perfect with those who have sensitive or problem skin types. In fact, this is the soap that Sarah Villafranco (the creator of Osmia) recommends for perioral dermatits. I was very surprised as to how much this soap lathered thanks to a skilled soap maker and the use of coconut milk. I find this soap extremely gentle on my sensitive skin, but still effective as a cleanser.I love that this soap helps fight acne without it being harsh and drying on the skin. This is a must have for me in my skincare routine! 

If you're interested about what black soap is, read more about it on the Osmia Organics website. 



Active Gel Toner:
Osmia contacted me and kindly sent me a few samples, the Active Gel Toner being one of them. This toner provides a layer of moisture to the skin with hyaluronic acid to help treat acne-prone skin without damaging or drying the skin. This toner is mostly recommended for dry, combination, acne-prone, and normal skin types (sounds perfect for me huh?!). What I love about this toner is that a little bit goes a very long way. I've used other products like this before and they've left a layer of residue on my face, it wasn't very nice! This product absorbs quickly. Osmia recommends to put the product on after cleansing and before using any serum or moisturizer. Allow the product to sit for 45 seconds before applying the next layer. This is a beautiful toner and has quickly made its way into my morning and nighttime skincare routine. I will be purchasing the full size of the product asap!


Spot Treatment: 
This is one of those products that bloggers and youtubers have been raving about and I can see why. It has a beautiful blend of essential oils to help combat bacteria and it also contains primrose oil to prevent drying (perfect!). My first thought when I saw this product was "wow this is small, it won't last me!" However, Osmia has not only beautiful but practical packaging. This spot treatment comes with a roller so that you don't overuse product, it will last you a very long time which is always a huge positive in my books! This is the first product that I've used that heals blemishes fast and doesn't dry out my skin!


Have you tried Osmia Organics before? What are your thoughts? 




No comments:

Post a Comment