Pages

Scotch Naturals Nail Polish Review


When I first 'went green', Scotch Naturals was a brand that caught my eye over and over again. What can I say, I'm a sucker for beautiful packaging and colors! Their products are less toxic than 3-free or even 5-free polishes, and it shows in the smell. Scotch polishes don't have that nasty chemical smell that all my other polishes seem to have. Because of the non-toxic ingredients used in these products, in order to get a lasting polish you'll need to follow a very specific set of steps:


1. Add a drop of jojoba oil to each nail and buff gently. 
2. Wash hands with soap and water to rinse remover residue and buffing dust. 
3. Apply 1 cost of the fortifying base coat.
4. Follow with 2 coats of polish allowing 1-3 minutes in between costs.
5. Finish with 1-2 coats of the deluxe top coat for a high gloss shine. 



To remove polish: Soak nails in warm water for a few minutes. Pre-moisten all nails with remover allowing time for polish to soften. Then moisten a cotton round and rub across nails to remove.

I followed these steps exactly and my polish lasted for 3-4 days! The base coat is a "sticky" base so it will allow the polish to stick to your nail-bed. I find this to be a very important step because the polish will not last without it. I spoke with Maureen (Sales Representative) from Scotch Naturals and asked her about this. Here's what she had to say:

"We feel it is necessary to use our Base Coat at all times. As you know, our base coat is "sticky". This is because we want our base to stick to our nail-bed, while adhering to our nail polish. Although, we have many customers that do not use our base coat and are very happy with their manicures. It all depends on how healthy and hydrated our nails are. If they are dehydrated, our nail polish will not stay on as long."

With that being said I will address some reviews that I've come across on the internet. Before I tried Scotch Naturals, I read a lot of reviews of people saying that they followed these steps and still their polish chipped off within a few hours. I believe that if your nail beds are extremely dehydrated from traditional nail polishes and removers, you'll have a hard time with Scotch Naturals products. I believe that the reason why I had such a good experience with the Scotch Naturals polish is partially because my nail-beds are healthy and hydrated. I haven't used traditional nail polish or nail polish remover in over a year, so my nail-beds are in pretty good shape!



On another note, I also found these polishes SO easy to apply. Because they are a water-based formula the polish itself wasn't thick. I was able to easily and accurately apply my layers of polish. This says a lot because I'm usually not the best when it comes to painting nails!

Where to Buy: www.nuciya.com 



Have you tried Scotch Naturals before? What are your thoughts? 


No comments:

Post a Comment