Pages

Golden Milk aka Turmeric Milk


I stumbled across this drink and quickly became intrigued because Turmeric Milk comes from Ayurvedic practices. Turmeric is used to help with sore throats, colds, flus and even stomach aches. Since turmeric is high in antioxidants it also works to boost immunity, maintain cholesterol levels and to regulate metabolism.

This warm, spicy and nutty drink is best consumed before bed because it is comforting and relaxing. The original recipe that I started using was from Nutrition Stripped, although I've added a few of my own variations! Since this drink is easy and quick to make I can see myself enjoying this often, especially as the weather starts to cool down. 



Ingredients: 
2 cups of almond milk 
1 tablespoon of honey
1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil (optional) 
1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg 
small pinch of black pepper and grated ginger

***adding black pepper with turmeric enhances your body's absorption of turmeric by 2000%!***

Instructions:
Pour all ingredients into saucepan, bring to a light boil and drink warm 





Next time I make this drink I am going to add a touch of vanilla and cardamon! Have you ever tried golden milk before? What are your thoughts on this drink?  




No comments:

Post a Comment